Hygiene & Safety Measures
Ensuring a safe theatre environment during times of Corona
Photo: Adam Niescioruk | Unsplash
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the theatre again! In order for this to work well, we need to strictly adhere to the health and safety instructions set out by the relevant authorities. All performances take place under strict health and safety protocols in order to further contain the spread of Covid-19.
- Identification & personal information – In order to enable the tracing of suspected cases, we are obliged to keep a list of all attendees of our events. This is in accordance with the Corona Contact Restrictions Ordinance of 7 May 2020. For this reason, you will be required to provide your name, address and telephone number when purchasing tickets. For group bookings, the personal details of all members of the group must be kept available and provided on request. All visitors are required to carry an identity card on the evening of the event itself and to present it at the Box Office when purchasing tickets, or whenever requested. We will keep lists of participants in accordance with Article 5 of the General Data Protection Regulations, and delete them again upon expiry of the Corona Contact Restrictions Ordinance.
- Face Covering – It is mandatory to wear a mouth and nose covering within the theatre building. However, the covering may be removed once seated within the auditorium, since we comply with minimum distance requirements through the blocking of rows and seats.
- General hygiene rules – We're all well-versed in the general rules of hygiene by now, and we ask you to observe these same procedures when visiting the theatre. Please cough or sneeze into your elbow and maintain a distance of at least 1.5 metres to other people around you. And of course: don't forget to wash your hands! Signs and announcements on site will remind you of these basic rules.
- Cloakroom – In accordance with current regulations, we are unfortunately unable to offer a cloakroom service. However, we will provide a space for the hanging of coats and jackets, should you wish. Please note that we cannot assume liability for lost items.
- Großes Haus – 200 seats are available in the Main Theatre, distributed evenly across the stalls and circle seating areas. The ushers will gladly guide you to your seat.
- Kleines Haus – 60 seats are available in the Small Theatre.
- Free seating – We are currently unable to allocate fixed seats and can only guarantee a seat in a particular row. One row will always be kept empty between rows, so that the required distance to visitor(s) in the rows behind and in front is also maintained. When entering the hall, the rule of thumb is: take your seat, and always leave 3 seats free between yourself and your seat neighbour, unless that person is a member of your own household. Don't worry, the ushers will assist with assigning seats and filling up the rows evenly.
- Admission – a new entrance and exit system ensures that the required distance between visitors can be maintained. The auditorium opens 30 minutes prior to performance (usually at 19:00) and we ask you to take your seats promptly in order to ensure a punctual start.
The Evening Box Office opens 1 hour prior to the performance
. Please note that the Box Office can only offer tickets for the particular evening's performance and no advance sales for other performances
, subscription services etc. can be offered. For other matters, please refer to the daytime opening hours
- One at a time, please – All restrooms on all levels of the theatre will be open. These rooms can be pretty narrow at times. For this reason, only one person at a time can be allowed in the sanitary facilities. Our evening staff has been instructed to ensure strict adherence to this protocol. Thank you for your understanding!
- Wash your hands – Soap is provided at all the wash basins, while disinfectant dispensers can be found in the theatre's entrance area.
The restaurant will not operate in the foyer as usual, but in the colonnades. Advance bookings are not possible. The foyer will remain closed for the time being. We also request adherence to the basic hygiene rules in the catering area.
- All key areas on our premises are cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis.
- We are committed to the continuous implementation of all medical recommendations set out by the authorities. We update our protocols regularly in order to ensure an up-to-date response to all the requirements.
- Our employees are kept informed via all the available communications channels.